ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
STAY SAFE. PLAY SAFE. WELCOME BACK TO GRAND BEAR.
At Grand Bear, we are committed to providing the safest environment possible for our staff, and of course for our guests to enjoy the great game of golf at one of Mississippi’s best golf facilities. For the foreseeable future, Grand Bear will adopt the changes below to daily operations to promote a healthy and safe environment. Keeping in mind, the situation related to COVID-19 is ever-changing, so as things develop and evolve, facility operation will change accordingly.
Grand Bear will continually update this page as new information becomes available. (last updated on 06/30/20)
- The Golf Shop is open but restricted. Sanitizer will be available to guests entering the retail portion of the golf shop.
- The Clubhouse including the Grand Bear Grill is open with conditions, and with a strong emphasis on social distancing at all times.
- Locker Rooms remain closed until further notice.
- Please Arrive Early, at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tee time.
- With guest’s permission, Grand Bear staff will handle guests’ Golf Bags and accessories, and will assist with loading golf cars.
- Until further notice, Fivesomes will not be accommodated.
- Practice Range has hitting bays spaced farther apart, further promoting social distancing. Flags and practice balls have been removed from the chipping/putting green.
- Effective July 1, Golf Cars will be shared. Guests may request their own golf car, but accommodating such requests will be based on availability as determined by club management in its sole and absolute discretion. Additional cost may apply. (updated 06/30/20)
- Each golf car will be Cleaned and Sanitized between uses, with special attention to “high-touch” areas including the steering wheel, seat, bars, dashboard areas, and straps and handles.
- All “High-Touch” areas throughout the club will be routinely cleaned and sanitized, including the Clubhouse areas, Snack Bar, and on-course Comfort Stations.
- Effective July 1, all modifications to putting cups have been removed. However, guests are still encouraged to avoid touching or moving the Flagsticks. (updated 06/30/2020)
- All Bunker Rakes have been removed from course. As a courtesy to the rest of the field, we ask all guests to smooth any bunkers just played from.
- Grand Bear Grill is open for full service (with restrictions).
- After each use, Reusable Accessories including sand/seed bottles, coolers, and pencils will be sanitized before being returned to service.
- We ask that all guests practice Social Distancing at all times, and Avoid Congregating anywhere on property including in or around the golf shop, around the Clubhouse, in the golf car-staging area, on the practice facilities, or on tees and greens.
GRAND BEAR GRILL
The Grand Bear Grill is open for full service, with restrictions. Until further notice, dine-in service will be limited to 20 guests at a time, and the Bar remains closed, except for bar service to seated and dining guests. We will update as more information comes available.
We are thrilled to provide a wonderful golf course dining experience in the safest way possible. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding of the changes made. Following the latest government guidance and recommendations, the Grand Bear team has implemented precautionary steps to help protect our dining guests, and staff.
- Due to Limited Seating, dine-in service will be limited to 20 guest at a time. Dine-in requests will be accommodated based on availability as determined by Grand Bear management in its sole and absolute discretion.
- All dine-in parties must Wait to be Seated by a Grand Bear staff member. Guests waiting to be seated must avoid congregating and/or creating congestion, while always practicing social distancing.
- Dining Room seating is limited to ensure Social Distancing at All Times.
- Tables are limited to a Maximum of Four Seats. Tables may not be combined for larger groups.
- The Bar Remains Closed, with bar seating removed until further notice. Bar service and drink orders may be placed for in-house dining or to-go orders only.
- All Chairs and Tables will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- All “High-Touch” areas throughout the clubhouse will be routinely Cleaned and Sanitized, including doors, handles, and restrooms.
- Locker Rooms remain closed at this time.
Thank you for patience and understanding during these uncertain and unprecedented times. We deeply appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you soon at Grand Bear.